The VI Ibero-American Summit of Local Gender Agendas is convened by the Ibero-American Union of Municipalists, together with the City Council of Santa Coloma de Gramenet (Spain).
It will be held in Santa Coloma de Gramenet, Barcelona from October 18th to 21st, 2022.
This important event for the advancement of women is co-organized by the United Nations entity dedicated to promoting gender equality and the empowerment of women - UN Women, the Ibero-American General Secretariat (SEGIB), the United Nations Program for Development (UNDP) and the Inter-American Commission of Women (CIM-OAS).
In this Ibero-American event, public administrations, associations, universities, cooperation agencies and people share their experiences, studies and research, their knowledge and their creativity to promote the incorporation of the gender approach in local public agendas through social awareness and political commitment to substantive equality.
In light of Beijing+20, the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development Goals, Habitat III and the XIII Regional Conference on Women in Latin America, and gathering the learning and commitments of the UIM Summits on the matter, the Ibero-American Summit of Local Gender Agendas is an invitation to think about the development of cities and local democracy from a gender perspective.
The main milestones and spaces of this meeting will be:
- Plenary Lectures: Dissertation by prestigious personalities, both from the political sphere as well as academics and researchers from the international arena, on the most relevant topics that are the subject of the Ibero-American Summit.
- Sector Experiences: Presentation of experiences and good practices
- Knowledge Plaza – for knowledge exchange
- Walk for PEACE and Non-Violence in Santa Coloma de Gramenet
- Workshop and specialized seminars
- Awards Ceremony for Good Local Practices with a Gender Approach
- Political Dialogue of Women Leaders in the Ibero-American Local Space
To know more details, click here.